Sunday, January 20, 2008

You just never know....

So, about a week ago, the kids and I were walking the dog (point and shoot always with me) and as we entered the house, I saw what appeared to be a camera truck drive up the street... Knowing that they would soon return to making a circle around where I live we headed out to the corner and waited for him to drive by... When he saw that I was wearing a Google T-shirt, he stopped and chatted.


There were no less than 8 hi-resolution cameras mounted on rack on top of the truck. He mentioned that they were gathering images for use with the E-911 system so the fire/police could have a still image sent to them with the details of the dispatch, providing a visual reference of what they were en-route to. While I don't doubt the story, we can all assume from the graphics on the truck that the same images/video will be shown on Windows Live Local edition...

Posted by Picasa

No comments: